About the job
Leaders in architectural metals, glazing, and manufacturing. CMC designs and develops the most sophisticated and comprehensive building envelope systems available.
Founded in 1980, Custom Metal Contracting is a family-owned group of companies with expertise in design, manufacturing, and installation. Our capabilities are second to none in North America, boasting over 200 years of experience through our principal staff alone.
Custom Metal Contracting is seeking an Experienced Curtain Wall – Job Captain for our Design department based in the Calgary office.
Duties and responsibilities:
The primary job duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assist our Design Manager/ Project Manager in the development design of shop drawings from start to final approval.
- Implement and develop the assembly and fabrication drawings and cut lists and set out drawings for our Project Manager team.
- Work closely with our Design Manager to meet deadlines for design submittals for each project.
- Provide complete & accurate material take offs.
- Ensure tracking of project changes & Architect Instructions are documented and flagged accordingly.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and execute tasks with minimum supervision.
- As an integral part of the team, you will bring a high level of strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and capability of offering solutions to problems
- Ensure all technical requirements and specifications are maintained.
- Capability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Able to provide leadership and mentoring.
- The successful candidate must be a team leader.
- Must have 5 to 10 years as a Draftsman technician in Commercial Glazing/facade including, Storefront, stick and unitized Curtainwalls.
- Exposure and experience within the glazing industry is essential.
- Preferred knowledge of acrobat, excel, ACAD, Bluebeam/Revit software.
- Responsible for overseeing a team of 2 – 5 drafting technicians.
- Develop project specific detailing and incorporating all project changes and revisions until shop drawing approval.
- Develop full sets of assembly and fabrication documentation including take offs.
- The job captain will work closely with the Project manager in meeting deadline and milestones for delivering a Project.
- The candidate must have a firm understanding of construction and architectural structure.
- 5- 10 years experience in stick and unitized curtain walls systems
- Proficient in ACAD, Revit, Bluebeam, Microsoft outlook, word & excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication to effectively communicate with our project team and employees.
- Proficiency in reading Architecture and structural drawings
- Hard working, self-motivated and a team player
- Organized and result oriented.
- Good Communication and analytical skills.
- Our commitment to excellence
- We demonstrate innovation, collaboration, and transparency.
- We value our people & have an empowering culture.
- We strive to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
- We love what we do.
- Boasting state-of-the-art equipment, our Glazing Division practices lean management to maximize production capacity and quality. Our unitized glazing systems are fabricated off-site in a controlled environment.
It is indeed the best place for you to work.
Some of the benefits you can expect at CMC are:
- Our in-house engineering and designer teams work together to customize glazing solutions to support any project scope or job and you get to be a part of a strong team.
- Mentorship from talented industry leading professionals
- Competitive pay and benefits
- We operate in an environment of teamwork that is empowering, positive, enthusiastic, & fun.
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of CMC. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times.
An excellent opportunity awaits the successful candidate. If you believe that this could be a perfect fit for you. Apply today.
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
"*" indicates required fields